Location: Tres Cantos
If interested, apply at email@example.com. Include the reference: ID14042021A
Sylentis is a pharmaceutical company founded in 2006 and wholly owned by Pharma Mar S.A. (PHM:SM), with the mission of building a solid and sustainable business and becoming a leader of a new class of medicines based on RNA interference or RNAi. RNAi is a promising approach to silence targets involved in many diseases and represents a new drug mechanism of action.
The Sylentis pipeline is aimed at indications with an elevated market potential, including ocular pathologies, inflammatory diseases and central nervous system diseases.
The value of innovating: that is the spirit of our company. Innovation in Sylentis means to consider new challenges to be dealt with in a rational and justified way. Based on solid, sound and consistent values. Values which make us more and more competitive every day and, above all, they make us different.
COMMITMENT TO INNOVATION
We apply our talent, knowledge and resources to the production of new ideas. We face challenge and uncertainty with zeal, tenacity and vision, and take advantage of every opportunity to improve ourselves.
THE TEAM AS THE SOURCE OF OUR STRENGTH
- Teamwork with maximum efficiency
- Our company is strong because our employees are different, trained and participative. We pursue greater potential as individual contributors, members of a team and group leaders.
- We are open and honest in our dealings with others. We assume our responsibilities to ensure that the work turns out well.
- Our products are first class. Our personal and corporate actions are designed to achieve mutual responsibility and confidence. We are sincere, objective and respectful, both in business lines and in the development of working relationships.
- BUSINESS SPIRIT
- We anticipate change efficiently
- We make the most of opportunities and new challenges
- We are consistent with our fundamental values, we exert ourselves to achieve growth, transformation and renovation, we are creative and constructive, as the fount of inspiration and vitality.
At Sylentis we are seeking candidates with at least 1/2-year post-doc experience to join the R+D department at Sylentis.
The Company engages in the development of RNAi-interference based drugs products from research to clinical phases of different diseases field such as Ophthalmology,
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of study protocols and reports.
- Generate, collect, analyze and present experimental data and activities in team meetings
- Work in multiple projects simultaneously
- Implementation and development of new techniques in the laboratory from scratch
- Read of scientific literature and implement relevant techniques.
- Writing of SOPs and Technical instructions (ITs) and scientific reports.
- Data preparation, statistical analysis scientific papers and reports.
- Work independently in the development pipelines and workflows to address optimization challenges, automate established analysis, and support new assay development.
Desired Technical Experience:
- Knowledge of nucleic acids, mRNA and RNAi field
- Strong Knowledge of Molecular Biology (Nucleic acid extraction, cloning, real-time PCR, (qPCR, ddPCR), high throughput transcriptomic analysis (RNAseq and microarrays), and proteomic techniques (western Blot, ELISA, IP, co-IP)
- Strong Knowledge in RNAseq and omics analysis
- Strong Knowledge in cell biology (Cell culture, generation of primary cultures, functional models, Fluorescence Microscopy, Flow Cytometry)
- Experience in formulations and delivery systems will be an asset.
- Familiarity with GLP and good documentation skills.
- Written and spoken English
Key Leadership Competencies
- PhD in Life Sciences, Biomedical or related discipline in molecular or cell biology (please refrain persons who do not meet this requirement)
- 1-2 years of relevant postdoc experience is required (preferred in an industrial environment)- (please refrain persons who do not meet this requirement)
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Curiosity to enhance learning.
- Excellent communication skills, Flexibility, self-motivation, ability to collaborate with diverse colleagues and a record of productivity is required.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving with the ability to think outside-of-the-box. Willing to take on exploratory novel methods.
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced startup environment
- Highest team spirit and at the same time ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Ideally a combined mix of large company best practices and small company adaptability and experience.
- Attention to detail
- Willingness and proven ability to work flexibly stepping outside of immediate role responsibilities and wear ‘multiple-hats’ where needed.
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
At Sylentis, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Are you looking for a new start in the industry? Apply Today. We'd love to hear from you.
Please apply at RRHH@sylentis.com