Molecular and Cell Biology Technitian R+D
Sylentis is a biotech company founded in 2006 and wholly owned by Pharma Mar S.A. (PHM:SM), with the mission of building a solid and sustainable business and becoming a leader of a new class of medicines based on RNA interference or RNAi. RNAi is a promising approach to silence targets involved in many diseases and represents a new drug mechanism of action.
The Sylentis pipeline is aimed at indications with an elevated market potential, including ocular pathologies, inflammatory diseases and central nervous system diseases.
The value of innovating: that is the spirit of our company. Innovation in Sylentis means to consider new challenges to be dealt with in a rational and justified way. Based on solid, sound and consistent values. Values which make us more and more competitive every day and, above all, they make us different.
COMMITMENT TO INNOVATION
- We apply our talent, knowledge and resources to the production of new ideas. We face challenge and uncertainty with zeal, tenacity and vision, and take advantage of every opportunity to improve ourselves.
THE TEAM AS THE SOURCE OF OUR STRENGTH
- Teamwork with maximum efficiency
- Our company is strong because our employees are different, trained and participative. We pursue greater potential as individual contributors, members of a team and group leaders.
- We accomplish what we promise
- We are open and honest in our dealings with others. We assume our responsibilities to ensure that the work turns out well.
- We anticipate change efficiently
- We make the most of opportunities and new challenges
- We are consistent with our fundamental values, we exert ourselves to achieve growth, transformation and renovation, we are creative and constructive, as the fount of inspiration and vitality.
Sylentis is seeking a highly motivated, full-time molecular and cell biology laboratory technician to work in our research and development laboratory. The laboratory is designing RNAi based novel therapeutics for the treatment of Ophthalmological diseases.
The ideal candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree and/or Technician degree, good work habits, and have a willingness to work as part of a team. Experience working in a wet lab environment.
- Nucleic acid extraction from cell and tissues, including DNA, RNA, restriction enzyme digests, transformations, plasmid purifications, clonnings.
- PCR, retro transcription assays, real-time PCR
- Western blot techniques.
- PAGE and Agarose gels.
- Cell culture grow living cells in culture flasks. Cell culture techniques, media preparation, tumor cell isolation, and molecular biology methods. Maintenance of mammalian and/or primary cell lines to be used in preclinical (In Vivo and in Vitro) experiments.
- Cell viability and toxicity assays.
- Degradation and stability assays
- Knowledge of fluorescence /confocal microscopy
- Flow cytometry knowledge
- Make media and laboratory solutions.
- Writing ITs and SOPs
- Database and inventory management
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Technician degree in Environmental health, clinical and biomedical laboratory, pathology
- At least 1 years of laboratory experience.
- Good work habits.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Skill in the application of sterile techniques. Working knowledge of laboratory practices, procedures, and terminology. Working knowledge of safe and aseptic practices for working with hazardous biological or chemical materials. Ability to comprehend and follow references, manuals, and guides related to work in English. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (eg, Word and Excel Datasheets). Familiarity with GMPs and GLP guidelines for the pharmaceutical and biological industries is an advantage.
Problem-solving and critical thinking skills are a necessity.
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
At Sylentis, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Apply Today. We'd love to hear from you.
If interested, apply to email@example.com . Include reference ID29092020 in your email
If your are a dinamic person with strong formation and expertise in Biotech, Pharmacy or Medical R&D and an enthusiastic interest in the development of hi-tech based on Life Sciences, you can send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow us in Linkedin.
Current specific processes of personnel selection
- Molecular and Cell Biology Technician R+D ref ID29092020 (29/09/2020)
INFORMATION ON PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
(In compliance with EU Regulation 2016/679 on Data Protection)
|Responsible for the Treatment||SYLENTIS, S.A.U. NIF: A84700236Address: Parque Tecnológico de Madrid.PTM Santiago Grisolía, 2 – 28760 Tres Cantos (Madrid).Teléphone: 918047667
|Purposes||The collection and processing of personal data is intended to address your
query or suggestion or business proposal by Sylentis or another company PharmaMar Group.
|Legitimation and conservation||The legal basis for the treatment of the data is the consent granted by the interested party when providing the data. If you do not provide the necessary information, your request can not be processed. The data will be kept as long as the relationship is maintained and its deletion is not requested and, in any case, in compliance with the statutory limitation periods that apply to it.|
|Recipients of the transfer of personal data||
No cessions of data are foreseen.
|Rights of the interested parties||The interested party, and in his case whoever represents him, may exercise his rights of access, rectification, deletion, portability and limitation or opposition rights by means of a written and signed request addressed to:
|The interested party has the right to withdraw the given consent.|
|The interested party has the right to complain before the Control Authority (Spanish Agency for Data Protection www.agpd.es).|
If you identify with Sylentis’s mission and values, if you want to work for a company that believes in its people, offering excellent opportunities and many other benefits, if you can contribute to one of the most respected teams in the sector, then we want to meet you. We can offer:
- a wide range of professional challenges, including R&D, operations and clinical which contribute to people’s wellbeing worldwide.
- Individuals are rewarded on the basis of their responsibilities and accomplishments, setting high standards of performance for themselves and each other.
- We try to emphasize action and results, rather than processes. And though we are seriously focused on reaching our goals, we know how to keep the mood light and have some fun along the way.
- Stable contrat in most of the positions.
- Well work-life balance.
Sylentis believes in its people. We are committed to our employees and actively promote the principals of progress and innovation in healthcare. We focus on the development of talent to advance in an innovative area to create new medicines. As an innovative and young pharmaceutical company, we offer our employees an environment of challenge, and excellent opportunities for original discovery and individual contribution.
Sylentis is a dynamic company. We offer a team-oriented, highly participative work environment. Employees benefit from a creative exchange of information with peers and management, which promotes independent thinking and provides unique opportunities for motivated individuals
Our culture reflects our Company spirit: scientific excellence, hard work, creativity, and diversity. We emphasize collaboration and mutual respect. We are committed to organizational flexibility and the blurring of organizational borders.
One of our key corporate values is inclusiveness, and we believe in ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace and through our selection procedures. Respect and trust are the cornerstones of our approach. In Sylentis you will find professionals from different nationalities, of all ages, from many backgrounds and with a wide range of skills and training.