Molecular and Cell Biology Head- R+D
City: Tres Cantos
Sylentis is a biotech company founded in 2006 and wholly owned by Pharma Mar S.A. (PHM:SM), with the mission of building a solid and sustainable business and becoming a leader of a new class of medicines based on RNA interference or RNAi. RNAi is a promising approach to silence targets involved in many diseases and represents a new drug mechanism of action.
The Sylentis pipeline is aimed at indications with an elevated market potential, including ocular pathologies, inflammatory diseases and central nervous system diseases.
The value of innovating: that is the spirit of our company. Innovation in Sylentis means to consider new challenges to be dealt with in a rational and justified way. Based on solid, sound and consistent values. Values which make us more and more competitive every day and, above all, they make us different.
COMMITMENT TO INNOVATION
We apply our talent, knowledge and resources to the production of new ideas. We face challenge and uncertainty with zeal, tenacity and vision, and take advantage of every opportunity to improve ourselves.
THE TEAM AS THE SOURCE OF OUR STRENGTH
- Teamwork with maximum efficiency
- Our company is strong because our employees are different, trained and participative. We pursue greater potential as individual contributors, members of a team and group leaders.
- We accomplish what we promise
- We are open and honest in our dealings with others. We assume our responsibilities to ensure that the work turns out well.
- Our products are first class. Our personal and corporate actions are designed to achieve mutual responsibility and confidence. We are sincere, objective and respectful, both in business lines and in the development of working relationships.
- BUSINESS SPIRIT
- We anticipate change efficiently
- We make the most of opportunities and new challenges
- We are consistent with our fundamental values, we exert ourselves to achieve growth, transformation and renovation, we are creative and constructive, as the fount of inspiration and vitality.
At Sylentis we are seeking candidates with at least 1-2 year of industry experience to join the Molecular and Cellular division of R+D department at Sylentis. The Company engages in the development of RNAi-interference based drugs products from research to clinical phases of different diseases field such as Ophthalmology,
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate, collect, analyze and present experimental data and activities in team meetings
- Work and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Lead and promote the technical team for the implementation of new techniques and for the resolution of problems in the laboratory
- Read literature and implement relevant techniques.
- Writing of SOPs and Technical instructions (ITs) and reports
- Work independently in the development pipelines and workflows to address optimization challenges, automate established analysis, and support new assay development
- Negotiation with suppliers
Desired Technical Experience:
- Strong Knowledge of Molecular (Nucleic acid extraction, cloning, sequencing, real-time PCR, high throughput transcriptomic and proteomic techniques), western Blot, transcriptomics.
- Strong Knowledge in cell biology (Cell culture, functional models, Fluorescence Microscopy, Flow Cytometry)
- Familiarity with GLP and good documentation skills
- Written and spoken English
Key Leadership Competencies
- PhD in Life Sciences, Biomedical or related discipline in molecular or cell biology,
- 3-4 years of relevant post-graduate work experience in an industrial environment is required
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly were indicated.
- Curiosity to enhance learning.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, self-motivation, ability to collaborate with diverse colleagues and a record of productivity is required.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced startup environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and successfully.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Able to prioritize effectively, lead and influence, with good problem‑solving and planning abilities to enable teams succeed in study start, execution and completion in a timely fashion.
- Highest team spirit and at the same time ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ideally a combined mix of large company best practices and small company adaptability and experience.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Willingness and proven ability to work flexibly stepping outside of immediate role responsibilities and wear ‘multiple-hats’ are needed.
- Team player
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
Please apply at email@example.com